Skip to main content

Broadcast #2: The Backup Plan(s)

Thank you for tuning in tonight. You can call me Chunky, and I will be your audio host for the evening. Without further ado, let's begin.

The prompt for tonight's segment is "What're your plans for work?"


The first rule anyone should follow in life is Rule #1; Be prepared. It's the most important skill you can learn, and I would be remiss to ignore such golden wisdom. In this segment, I'll go ahead and mention some of the plans I've made to pay the bills.

First and foremost, is the radio. All my life I've loved music, more than anything else. The only thing that can really compete with that is making others happy. The best of these two worlds would be to run my own internet radio station. I get to play music, and have a crowd to please. I've always had a face for radio, and I think I can leverage my taste in music and social skills to pull in some listeners.

But having one plan is not being prepared. My second plan is to go into computer repair. For almost as long as I've loved music, I've had computers as a companion passion. They were what really enabled my search for the finest beats in my youth, and that has only grown more true as time goes on. Outside of the rhythmic connection, I love to game. My first addiction love was Team Fortress 2. From there my virtual horizons grew, and once again, computers were with me all the while. I've also been a builder for as long as I can remember. Put two and two together, and you get someone that has built several computers over the years, and knows them inside and out. This more practical set of skills and knowledge could be called a "real world" backup, but that doesn't mean I have to give up on my other plans.

Last but not least, is a project that may be more pie in the sky, but could be quite a lot of fun, is a little something I've come to call "A.N.T," or Autonomous Nerf Turret. Of course, I can't sell Nerf guns, as they are already a product, but hear me out. How many packages a year are stolen from front porches? Especially around the holidays, those numbers can really spike. So why not have an autonomous turret guard your packages once their delivered? That's where the turret comes in; it sits on your porch and protects your stuff, and you can pick it up when you get home. Far-fetched? Undoubtedly. An absolute blast to do? Most definitely so! And besides, if it really gets up and running, I could even entertain the thought of branching out into the world of defense contracts. But hey, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

So those are my plans. Some practical, some a little more ambitious. The one thing they all have in common however, is that I would be perfectly happy with any of them. And in the end, that's what really matters.

And with that, I must bring this broadcast to a close. Don't you worry though, there'll be plenty more to come, so stay tuned.

Tonight's vibe is.... Dreamy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broadcast #6: Pricing a Product

Thank you for tuning in tonight. You can call me Chunky, and I will be your audio host for the evening. Without further ado, let's begin. For tonight's segment, I'll be talking about treacherous prospect of pricing. So, what makes pricing so finicky? I mean, it's easy right? You just price it based on what it's worth. And that is true, to a certain extent. For example, let's look at a car, and oh, I don't know, a radio station. It's a pretty nice car; nice leather seats, good sound system, built in nav and media, strong mileage, the works. How much does this car cost? Well, the raw materials, the steel, glass, rubber, whatever else, cost, let's say 20k. So the car costs 20k then, right? No, clearly not; you have a box of raw materials, not a finished product. So we have process the materials, to turn them into usable parts. Between the furnaces, the presses, the cutting bits, the drills, and the mills, this costs an extra 30k. Alright, our c

Good Evening, Ladies and Gentlemen...

Thank you for tuning in tonight. You can call me Chunky, and I will be your audio host for the evening. Without further ado, let's begin. The prompt for tonight's segment is "What do you expect out of this gig?" Well, I would tell you that is a mighty fine question. The reality is that I volunteered for this station at the behest of a fellow DJ. We were talking one day about how fantastic it would be if we could keep working together after our time at the DubT radio station had come to a close. We came to the conclusion that the best way to do that would be to start our own station. So that leads us to today; here we are in this gig, hoping to turn this far-fetched plan into a bill-paying reality. But that doesn't really answer the question, does it? What do I want  out of this gig? Well, the easy answer is knowledge; when it's all said and done, I want to know how to build and run a station of my very own. But that's a lame answer. What I really wa

Broadcast #5: Guest Speaker Brian

Thank you for tuning in tonight. You can call me Chunky, and I will be your audio host for the evening. Without further ado, let's begin. For tonight's segment, I'll be talking about our third guest in the studio, Brian Forth. Brian Forth is the man behind SiteCrafting; a web design, development, and support solution. SiteCrafting was born our of need that arose out of the blooming growth of the internet; people needed websites, but had no idea how to get one. Enter a 5th grade teacher and his merry band of ..techsperts.. Yeah, I cringed too. Anyhow, Brian started his career as our heroic teacher, educating the younglings about the majesty of the technical side of the internet. They would go home, show their parents what they learned, and brag about their teacher being awesome (I guess). One day a parent like what he saw enough to approach Brian about building a website for him. Brian took the chance, and his newfound client loved the work. When word of Brian's w